Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Guthrie Scaregrounds

On Friday the 13th of April I was invited to attend an event called the Guthrie Scaregrounds for their first Scaretacular in Guthrie, Oklahoma. As an author and an afficiando for horror I couldn't refuse, even though the entire state of Oklahoma was under a tornado watch and thunderstorms were popping up everywhere. I showed up at the event about four in the afternoon, and I have to say, I was really impressed. From the moment you arrive and see its collection of hearses and creepy stand-up trees out front you are amazed at the work being done on the place. Mind you this is in April and not Halloween. The place comes complete with a haunted house, paranormal investigation room, movie room, and Wild Al's food truck outside. I know the weather kept most people away, but there were still plenty who showed. I predict this will be a major haunted house in the state come Halloween. I give it two thumbs up. The event is put on by four Haunters, Gary Berger, James Pagonis, Scott Lancaster, Shelby Mac Davis showed below:
You can see more pictures at: http://guthriehauntsscaregrounds.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13215054

1 comment:

Gary B said...

Thanks for the write up Dennis, it was GREAT to have you out there.