Monday, June 18, 2012

Soonercon

There is an annual gathering in Oklahoma called Soonercon where the Sheraton in downtown OKC is invaded by sci/fi, horror, fantasy, and comic book geeks and nerds. It’s always been great fun and this year was no different. From the moment I arrive around noon on Friday, rolling my books before me and eagerly searching out where my table is located, until late Sunday afternoon when I finally break down my table and pack up my books, it’s an absolute blast.

 I attend a lot of cons but Soonercon is always one of my favorites. It’s like a weekend long party with friends and this one was no different. I had a reading Friday night which was fun and then saw one of the weirdest bands I’ve ever seen called Balthazar complete with road-warrior dressed singers, cart-wheeling acrobats, and a giant dancing Robot.
 Saturday was crazy with a packed dealer’s room and a time-traveler dance Saturday night. Sunday was slower and was spent talking to others and just hanging out and recuperating from the festivities. A lot of beer and laughs were shared with old friends and new friends throughout the weekend. 




 























I had a great time and went home, tired and exhausted, with money in my pocket. Who could ask for more from a con? My only complaint is it only happens once a year.

No comments: